Patients Bill of Rights
At Sopris Medical Practice, we seek to provide exceptional care and the best possible experience for every patient and family. We want to work together with you to ensure you receive the clinical care, compassion and services you need. By understanding your rights and responsibilities, you can help us help you.
Sopris Medical Believes Patients Have the Right to:
- Access to care regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or the source of payment for care;
- Respect and dignity;
- Privacy and confidentiality during interviews, examinations, communications and consultations;
- Easy access to medical records and health information;
- Continuity of care;
- Know the identity of all those involved with his/her care and treatment;
- Consent to care and treatment;
- Transfer care;
- Personal safety.
- Providing accurate and complete information about past and present health related issues including, but not limited to, present complaint(s), past illnesses, hospitalizations, and medications;
- Reporting unexpected changes in conditions to the appropriate practitioner;
- Asking questions about treatment/care when the patient does not understand or needs clarification;
- Following the treatment plan recommended;
- Keeping or canceling appointments;
- Their own actions if treatment is refused or if the practitioner’s instructions are not followed;
- Paying for services that are provided;
- Being considerate of the rights of others;
- Being respectful of property;
- Recognizing lifestyle choices effects on health.